Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Al Guthrie in America

I thought Allan Guthrie was doing pretty well when he made it into three posts in a row on this blog, but Duane Swierczynski over at Secret Dead Blog has gone full-tilt crazy, and declared it Allan Guthrie week, since Guthrie is in the states to take part in a panel on "Tartan Noir." Ian Rankin and Denise Mina are also putting in an appearance.
What I want to know is, how did Allan Guthrie get a visa? I mean, who decided to let him into the country? If the Department of Homeland Security can't keep Scots out of the country what on Earth can they do? I mean, I've seen Trainspotting and Braveheart, so I'm an expert on Scotland, and I can tell you, I don't think it's a good idea to start letting heroin addicted broadsword enthusiasts onto our shores. We have enough native born heroin addicted broadsword enthusiasts, and they don't need the competition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to like guys wearing dresses.

Nathan Cain said...

I believe the proper term is "plaid skirt." Scottish men tend to get upset when you call them dresses, and since they're all high and carrying swords, I wouldn't want to upset any Scots.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Okay, it's completely tasteless and not suitable for children, but comes by way of Stuart MacBride: Evil Scotsman. Watch at your peril.

Considering Sunshine's antics in Madison last fall and the video footage of him, perhaps I should pay a special tribute during Guthrie week?