Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Check Out the Robert Maguire Web Page
























The R.A. Maguire Cover Art Gallery is, in a word, sweet. I would love to see some more vintage paperback artists get it together like this. It's got biographical information, a cover gallery, original photos, and, the kicker, a store where you can buy just about anything you see on the site, including prints of covers with the text removed. I would very much like to see more of this sort of thing. I have the sneaking suspicison I'm going to be acquiring a new work of art in the not too distant future.

2 comments:

Mack said...

Thanks for sharing this site. Wonderful stuff. I was looking at the reference photos and noticed that one of them was used for the cover of a Gill Brewer double (Wild to Possess and A Taste for Sin) put out by Stark House Press.

Frank Loose said...

What a terrific site. Thanks for sharing this. It's interesting to compare the model photos with the finished artwork.