Thursday, February 22, 2007

March is Small Press Month

I have discovered that March is Small Press Month. According to the Small Press Month Web Site:

Small Press Month, now in its 11th year, is a nationwide promotion highlighting the valuable work produced by independent publishers. An annual celebration of the independent spirit of small publishers, Small Press Month is an effort to showcase the diverse, unique, and often most significant voices being published today. This year's slogan is Celebrate Great Writing.

I haven't seen much publicity for this anywhere, at my local independent bookstore or library, or on the Web for that matter. As a matter of principle, I'm behind the idea one hundred percent. If I didn't think small publishers were doing good work, Independent Crime wouldn't exist. I wish I'd known there was a Small Press Month back in January. Then I could have prepared, maybe sent out a questionnaire to some crime fiction publishers and posted profiles here. Oh well, there's always next year.

(Hat tip to January Magazine)

No comments: