Sunday, February 11, 2007

Of Bathrooms and Book Covers

When I got my copy of The Blue Cheer (out this week, by the way) I couldn't help but notice that there was something over the right shoulder of the guy on the front cover. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was a urinal. I shrugged, and thought maybe there would be some explanation for why there was a photo of a guy in a bathroom on the front cover. Alas, no urinals or public restrooms figured in any way in the story. I went ahead and wrote my review, and I enjoyed the book, but I want to know some things.

1. Why was the guy on the front photographed in a bathroom?

2. Was leaving the urinal in the background intentional?

3. How do these decisions get made?

You can scroll down, or click here to read my review and see the cover in question.

No comments: