Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Couple of Gold Medals for Sale


In the new year, I'm unloading some of the things I've acquired to make room for new things I'll probably acquire. Part of that process is making room on my bookshelves. I've got some stuff I'm just dumping, but I've got a couple of Gold Medals that deserve a good home.



The first, the first edition of John McPartland's I'll See You in Hell, is a real prize. My copy is near fine, and the only visible flaw if some discoloration in the upper right corner where there was a sticker once. The binding is tight. It's probably been read once or twice. I bought it to read, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's just too nice. (Please note: The pictures with this post come from Bookscans, and are not my copies. I don't have a scanner at the moment, but can get access to one if you want to see the covers. My copy is a lot nicer than the one I'm using to illustrate this post.) I'm asking $20.



The other book is the second printing (1955) of Bruno Fischer's House of Flesh. This is in good condition. There's creasing along the spine and in the upper right corner and a little on the back cover. There's an illegible signature on the inside front cover. I'm asking $7.



I don't want to deal with Ebay and all the fees or sell cheap to one of my local bookdealers. If you're interested email me. I have Paypal.

No comments: