Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Rap Sheet's List of Overlooked Crime Novels

It's been a busy week for me. I've made the four hour trip to Atlanta twice, and consequently I haven't really been keeping up with everything. One thing I have been following, however, is The Rap Sheet's ongoing first anniversary celebration, and the huge list of overlooked books. J. Kingston Pierce has posted a wrap up and a comprehensive list of the books people picked. I was gratified to see that Charles Willeford, whose Black Mass of Brother Springer I picked, also got mentioned by Shane Maloney and Susan Kandel.
You can tell from the sheer volume of responses that were posted that Mr. Pierce asked the right question. If you like books you've got a list of them you can't believe more people haven't read. My submission was done quickly. I didn't take a lot of time to think about it. Since then I've thought of three other books that I could've listed, none of which were mentioned by anyone else. Oh well, there's always next year.

1 comment:

Peter Rozovsky said...

I was especially happy to see Fredric Brown on the list, picked by Ian Rankin, no less.
===================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/